Student Data Governance Position, Institutional Data Analytics + Assessment (IDA+A)
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Assist in system administration tasks for Data Cookbook metadata software.
Designed for higher education, Data Cookbook is the enterprise metadata source for Purdue. It allows the institution to discuss, agree upon, document and share definitions and report specs. Having a well-documented data dictionary and catalog of official, standard reports allows for the efficient use of the abundance of institutional data. It is a key component of the data governance program.
Assist in creating written documentation related to Data Cookbook as well as data governance.
Will meet regularly with IDA+A data governance program manager, as well as college data managers. May participate in planning as well as project team meetings involving staff from multiple departments.
- Strong organizational, time management skills, emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- General knowledge of computers
- Experience in MS Word, Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Writing experience desirable
- Experience with software administration desirable